Job Posting- Clerical Specialist II- Corrections
Clerical Specialist II Corrections
Job Title: Clerical Specialist II
Hours: Monday- Friday
Department: Sheriff’s Office
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Full-Time (40 hours per week)
Reports to: Jail Administration
Approved By: County Commissioners
Pay Scale: $18.80-$24.18
Date: February 21, 2023
POSTING DATE: February 21, 2023
CLOSING DATE: March 7, 2023
HOW TO APPLY: Submit resume, letter of interest and application to firstname.lastname@example.org or:
County of Penobscot
Attn: Human Relations
97 Hammond Street
Bangor, ME 04401
Applications can be found at: https://www.penobscot-county.net/employment or the Administration Office located on the 1st floor of the County Administration Building, 97 Hammond Street or by calling (207) 942-8535 x2200
To provide clerical support to the Penobscot County Jail (PCJ) by attending video court arraignments and completing and transmitting necessary court related documents. This position will also be responsible for verifying and validating employee timesheets and submitting the weekly payroll to the Finance Department.
· Follow list of arraignments
· Attend online court arraignments
· Complete bail bonds for signature
· Record additional information for detained individuals as directed by the Court
· Validate employee timesheets
· Verify punching in/out
· Track vacation/sick time as entered on timesheets
· Export vacation/sick time to Trio Payroll Software
· Performs other related duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities required:
· Skilled in technology literacy to include financial software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite to include Excel and Adobe Pro
· Skilled in use of video software, including Zoom
High School diploma or equivalent required. 1-3 years of related experience preferred
Communications – Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all constituents
· Ability to work in a team setting with a commitment to a high level of customer service and quality work is required.
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines is required.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this position, employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard. Light to moderate lifting is required (up to 25 lbs.)
Penobscot County provides equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.