Job Posting- PT Receptionist/HR Clerical Assistant
Job Title: Part Time Receptionist/Clerical Assistant- HR
Hours: 9am-2pm Monday-Thursday.
Department: Human Resources
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: HR Director
Approved By: County Administrator
Pay Scale: $19.36-20.86 Hourly (2024 Scale)
Date: November 16, 2023
Posting Date: Thursday, November 16, 2023
Closing Date: Friday, December 1, 2023
How to Apply:
Applications can be found at: https://www.penobscot-county.net/employment or the Human Relations Department located on the 1st floor of the County Administration Building, 97 Hammond Street, Bangor. Completed application may be submitted to email@example.com or:
Attn: Human Relations
97 Hammond Street
Bangor, ME 04401
Under the general supervision of the HR Director, the Part-Time Clerical Assistant is responsible for greeting visitors and performing general office support to HR & the Administrative Office for Penobscot County.
· Answers incoming phone line and manages the door access for County.
· Greets the general public in a polite manner.
· Sorts and distributes mail to departments.
· Copies print media articles pertaining to County for the Commission.
· Prepares new employee orientation packets.
· Maintains confidentiality and integrity of HR files and records; provides filing for HR Department.
· Proofreads and types documents and correspondence produced by department.
· May assist with development of job descriptions.
· May assist in posting job announcements and collect job applications as submitted.
· May assist in coordination of interview process for Department Heads and prepares application packets.
· Creates/revises forms (fillable online as well).
· Assists with newsletters and website content.
· May provide assistance in entering and updates to employee benefit portals as needed.
· Creates new employee personnel files, properly stores and retains terminated employee files.
· Provides back up support to Administration Administrative Assistant if needed. (Commissioners Meeting & Minutes).
· Assists with the planning and execution of special events such as benefit enrollments, organization-wide meetings and trainings and employee recognition events.
· Assists with employee surveys- monitor/track and report out.
· Assists with maintaining employee parking pass log.
· Performs other related duties as required.
· Be committed to the mission.
· Work as a member of a team in the performance of duties.
· Be punctual for scheduled work and use time appropriately.
· Work in harmonious relationships with all staff and members of the public.
· Perform duties in a conscientious, cooperative manner.
· Perform required amount of work in a timely fashion with a minimum of errors.
· Be neat and maintain a professional appearance.
· Understand and work within Penobscot County Government Policies and Procedures.
· Maintain confidence by keeping information concerning employees, personnel issues and County operations confidential.
· Performs additional work-related duties as assigned.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
· Excellent time management and organizational skills.
· Ability to work with the public in a pleasant manner.
· Must be willing to learn new things and be able to adjust as technology and Maine laws and their interpretation change.
· Must be detail oriented.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, county officials and outside agencies.
· Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
· Proficiency in the use of all standard office equipment is required as well as the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Must maintain a high level of confidentiality and work in a team setting with a high commitment level of customer service.
· Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure with accuracy and alertness to meet deadlines.
· Must pass a full criminal and motor vehicle background check.
High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Three to five (3-5) years of administrative/secretarial experience preferred.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by the Incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods of time and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and use hands to operate a standard computer keyboard.
The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Penobscot County provides equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.