Job Posting- PT Clerical Specialist
Job Title: Clerical Specialist
Hours: Part-time varied hours (M-F)
Department: Sheriff’s Office
FLSA Status: Non-exempt (hourly)
Pay Scale: $16.44 per hour ($16.85 2023 Scale)
Date: October 19, 2022
POSTING DATE: October 19, 2022
CLOSING DATE: November 2, 2022 (close of business 4:30 p.m.)
HOW TO APPLY: Submit application, resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or:
Attn: Human Relations
97 Hammond Street
Bangor, ME 04401
Applications can be found at: https://www.penobscot-county.net/employment or the Administration Office located on the 1st floor of the County Administration Building, 97 Hammond Street, Bangor, or you may call (207) 942-8535, ext. 2200 to request an application.
To provide clerical support to the Penobscot County Sheriff’s Office staff by answering telephone calls, performing data entry and filing under the supervision of the Administrative Assistant. Work will require entering confines perimeters of the jail.
· Processing Incident reports.
· Making copies for court officers and detectives.
· Running audit reports.
· Data Entry – Finance Records Management.
· Interacting and greeting the Public.
· Handling monies.
· Entering received reports in the database.
· Filing reports and answering phones.
· Typing/computer skills.
· High School graduate or equivalent required.
· Proficient with Microsoft Word/ Excel and maintains computer skills
· Two years as a Secretarial Specialist preferred.
· Knowledge of Spillman records Management System preferred
· Knowledge of modern office methods, procedures, and equipment.
· Some knowledge of principles and practices of office management and supervision.
· Must be able to read, write, and comprehend the English Language, to include basic math functions.
· Ability to understand, follows, and provides written and/or oral instructions.
· Knowledge of the laws, rules, and regulations applicable to and enforced by the Sheriff’s Office.
· Knowledge of the Penobscot County Sheriff’s Office polices and standard operating procedures.
· Knowledge of general police methods.
· Knowledge of supervisory skills.
· Ability to understand questions and to give clear and satisfactory explanations.
· Ability to work independently in the absence of specific instructions.
While performing the duties of this position, employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Penobscot County provides equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.