Job Posting - Patrol Deputy - Central
Hours: Full-Time, Non-exempt (hourly)
Pay Scale: $21.77-$26.63 (full-time)
POSTING DATE: September 29, 2021 CLOSING DATE: October 15, 2021 @ 1600 hrs.
HOW TO APPLY: You may pick up an application in person at 97 Hammond Street, Bangor ME, Human Relations Office or download the PDF form below.
Submit completed application to:
Penobscot County, Attn: Human Relations, 97 Hammond Street, Bangor, ME 04401
The Penobscot County Sheriff’s Office is seeking applicants for Northern and Central Penobscot County. This is an investigative and protective service work involving enforcement of Maine State Laws and the maintenance of the public’s safety and security. Work includes patrolling assigned area, conducting investigations and inspections, enforcing motor vehicle and other laws, providing aid and assistance to the public, and/or performing other specialized activities. Work requires strength in public relations by establishing a rapport with the public by maintaining a high standard of professionalism. Work is performed under general supervision.
Penobscot County offers health, dental, life & AD&D, and vision insurance for its full-time employees as well as paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation (pay based on length of service). Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care, cancer, and short-term/long term disability plans. Employees are eligible to become members of the State Employees Credit Union and have access to an employee gym. Penobscot County participates in the Maine State Retirement System and offers a 457(b) program.
1. Minimum 21 years of age.
2. High School Diploma/G.E.D.
3. Successful completion of departmental testing, screening, and oral boards.
4. Must successfully pass a full criminal and motor vehicle background check.
5. Must have a valid motor vehicle driver’s license.
6. Successfully complete physical assessment.
1. Successfully pass a full personal, criminal, and motor vehicle background check.
2. Successfully complete physical assessment based on the Departmental Functional Job Description.
3. Successfully complete a Polygraph.
4. Successfully pass pre-employment drug screening.
Penobscot County is an EEOC employer