Job Posting- Corrections Cook PT
Penobscot County Sheriff’s Office JOB POSTING Cook
Job Title: Part-Time Cook
Pay Scale: $16.58 - $19.57
Department: Sheriff’s Office – Corrections
FLSA Status: Non-exempt (hourly)
POSTING DATE: November 3, 2021
CLOSING DATE: November 19, 2021
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications can be found at: https://www.penobscot-county.net/employment or the Treasurer’s Office located on the 1st floor of the County Administration Building, 97 Hammond Street, Bangor
Completed application must be submitted to:
Attn: Human Relations
97 Hammond Street
Bangor, ME 04401
Under supervision this position prepares, bakes and cooks food in preparation for the Penobscot County Jail; maintains food inventory and storage; maintains sanitary working conditions; provides lead direction to institution workers. The part-time hours will be on an as needed basis, vacation coverage, and call-outs.
· Supervises and conducts food preparation
· Monitors Trustees in the kitchen sanitation process
· Monitors food temperatures and portion control
· Follows standard recipes
· Uses correct diets (i.e. calorie count) and record them accordingly
· Follows instructions from Cook supervisor
· Maintain a clean/safe environment for self as well as other co-workers by following Federal and State procedures.
High School diploma or equivalent required, successfully pass pre-employment background checks to include personal, criminal, and motor vehicle and valid driver’s license. Cooking experience with knowledge of commercial sized kitchen equipment, sanitation practices, special diet certifications and institutional food preparation techniques preferred. Ability to work in a team setting with commitment to high level of customer service is required. Corrections certification is preferred.
Penobscot County is an EEOC employer