Job Posting- Civil/Patrol Clerical Specialist I
Job Title: Clerical Specialist I
Hours: M-F, 8:00am – 4:30 pm (40 hrs)
Department: Sheriff’s Office
FLSA Status: Non-exempt (hourly)
Pay Scale: Starting Pay $18.90/hour
POSTING DATE: March 10, 2023
CLOSING DATE: March 24, 2023 or until filled
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit application to:
Attn: Human Resources
97 Hammond Street
Bangor, ME 04401
Applications can be found at: https://www.penobscot-county.net/employment or the Administration Office located on the 1st floor of the County Administration Building, 97 Hammond Street or by calling (207) 942-8535 x2200.
The Clerical Specialist is responsible for performing general clerical duties related to the functions and responsibilities of the Sheriff’s Departments and assigned division within the Sheriff’s Department which includes Patrol and Civil. This position is responsible for preparing and maintaining complex records using independent judgement and providing service to the public.
· Processes incident report
· Performs general clerical duties including data entry, scanning current and past documents and files, filing, processing mail, preparing forms and photo copying
· Runs various reports
· Enters received reports into the database
· Answers multi-line phone; operates copier; scanner/fax as well as other applicable office equipment
· Preparing documents
· Maintains, protects and secures confidential information and documents
· Assists and provides clear written and verbal communications to the public as well as internal and external agencies.
· Maintains strong attention to detail and accuracy
· Performs other related duties as required
High School diploma or equivalent required, with 2 years clerical work experience in related field preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Office required. Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, data entry, file management and record maintenance is required. Knowledge of Spillman records management system preferred. Ability to effectively communicate with the public is required. Ability to work in a team setting with commitment to high level of customer service is required. Must be able to pass pre-employment background investigation.
· High School Diploma/G.E.D.
· Successful completion of departmental testing, screening, and oral boards.
· Must successfully pass a full criminal and motor vehicle background check.
· Must have a valid motor vehicle driver’s license.
· Successfully complete physical assessment.
· Successfully pass a full personal, criminal, and motor vehicle background check.
· Successfully complete a Polygraph.
· Successfully pass pre-employment drug screening.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this position, employee is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard. Light to moderate lifting is required (up to 25 lbs.)
Penobscot County provides equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.